Partnering with American Water
American Water is committed to helping municipalities and private water owners solve their water and wastewater system operations, management, supply and delivery challenges. By leveraging our scale, we bring the most compelling water and wastewater capabilities to local communities through water and wastewater privatization
- As the largest provider of water services in the United States, American Water leverages our industry-leading scale, size and experience to bring efficiencies so we can invest more while keeping rates affordable.
- We are committed to excellence in every area that our business touches the community. We are experts in water quality, testing, compliance and treatment. Our water-testing laboratories and other facilities perform more than 1 million water quality tests per year. We consistently meet and exceed the industry average in complying with state and federal drinking water and wastewater standards.
- American Water participates in the Partnership for Safe Water, the U.S. EPA’s voluntary program to meet more stringent goals for reducing microbes. We maintain a comprehensive environmental policy including responsible business practices, compliance with environmental laws and regulations, effective use of natural resources, and stewardship of biodiversity.
- Our responsibility to the customers and communities we serve goes beyond providing safe, clean, reliable, and affordable water and wastewater services. We produce an annual XX, Community Impact and Inclusion and Diversity Report.
- Additionally, the American Water Charitable Foundation seeks to proactively engage with community partners and strategically invest its resources to empower American Water employees to make a positive difference in the communities where they live and work.